Thursday, February 7, 2008

My Breath Stinks


I'm in a strange place with my 9 year old and math homework.

I get all excited about it, she just wants to get it done. I run around grabbing 'scrap' paper and showing her how fun to figure out the close multiples of 5 or 10 to work backwards towards the real answer, which is a multiple of 8, and she just says, "Your breath stinks."

This is one of the blessings of having children, this pronouncement. I know my breath stinks of course. I walk around and have long stretches of stinky breath. I mean I brush after meals, but this old cracker is not going to suck sugar all day to have fresh on the spot breath. Hey, I prep when needed, thats enough. For homework with the kids, I skip the Altoid.

Still its refreshing to be told. Its not like I can tell my boss, while they are asking me how a project is going, "Yes, they are very interested Bob, but your breath stinks." And they don't tell me. Adults just leisurely back head first away and try to keep their eyeballs from rolling. Kids shoot from the hip mouth .

No comments: