Friday, January 18, 2008

I will change your life


Peter, publisher of I Will Change Your Life, mixes both striking images and personal experience to confront what may be the most important issue facing us our entire lives: How we live it.

Peter uses his direct personal experience moving from depression to happiness and staying in a happiness groove with the most basic yet available tools right in front of us, from eating right, to watching our media intake, to going for early morning walks when the world is our own. Peter shares other's ideas he finds along his way that also point us in this direction.

Peters first example of how his life has moved into happiness is becoming a Dad. This option is not available to all men in our time on this planet. But when it is and the lucky ones can have and raise a life from inception, there is no greater peace or joy from the gift of having a child and being father to them. I Will Change Your Life is about much more then the gift of fatherhood. I post Peter's wonderful blog for my expectant dads at daddy boot camp to see how one man's adventure here changed so much when he took the step into fatherhood. To Excerpt Peter:

"Basically I am just a regular guy who over the past 5 years has changed his life from one filled with sadness and depression to one filled with happiness and joy. The following are just a few of the ways in which my life changed for the better:

  • I became a Dad: when I saw my newborn son for the first time it was the single greatest moment of my life. It really has made me view the world in a different way.
  • I made peace with myself: I have laid to rest the insecurities and depression of my teenage years and am happy with the person I am.
  • I traveled the world: the city in which I was born and raised, Perth, is the most isolated city in the world. Traveling overseas for a year opened my eyes to the big wide world in which we live.
  • I began to wake early: for me waking at 5am each day has come to signify my personal development journey. When you wake each day excited about the day ahead its a sure sign that you are a happy person.
  • I found my soulmate: if you’re reading this, hi Kathryn :) .

Despite these wonderful things, my life is still very much a work-in-progress. I don’t have all the answers, and there are still many things I struggle with.

If you would like to get to know me even better, you can read an interview I did here.

About This Site

The core message of this site is this:

You can change your life.

If you are unhappy, you can be happy. If you are in debt, you can find financial freedom. If you are lazy, you can get motivated. If you are inactive, you can become fit. If you are lost, you can find purpose.

How do I know these things? Over the past few years, and in particular the last year, I have positively changed my life in countless ways. I have come to see that anything is possible in life."

No comments: